The bandstand at Charing Cross is a focal point for community celebrations as well as a stopover point for bikers and other travelers wishing to relax and enjoy the surrounding beauty. The community Christmas tree is erected here annually amid much celebration.
The "New Ross Castle" is an intriguing archaeological run of stonewalls, the subject of fascinating interpretations in several books. They may be Viking or they may be a refuge built for an English king around 1600 or they may have connections with Henry Sinclair, the Templar Knight and the Holy Grail.
The monument at the New Ross Royal Canadian Legion is said to be Nova Scotia's first memorial to the dead of WW1, honoring 80 volunteers from the New Ross area.
The Anglican Church at Charing Cross has a set of Eucharistic Vestments, the second oldest in the Anglican Church of Canada. The rectory was built in 1864 and is a historical property.
On the Forties Road, at the entrance to the Baptist Cemetery, a monument marks the site of the first Baptist Meeting House, constructed circa 1855 and the first roots of the present day congregation in the community.
The Anglican, Baptist and Catholic congregations meticulously maintain their cemeteries at Charing Cross, Aaldersville, Forties and Mill Road sites.
The People's Garden at the Baptist Church at Charing Cross, created by green-thumb Pastor David Hine, adds beauty to the church and community. At the beginning of the Fraxville Road at the Forties a small community park and garden beautifies the area.
The New Ross Community Park, just north of the Ross Farm on Highway 12, resulted from combined efforts of the Regional Development Society and other community organizations. It offers a picnic area among its gardens and an attached walking trail system ,skirting the shore of Lake Lawson.
On the New Russell Road, the swift flowing Mill Brook contains the ruins of a man made waterway used for a grist mill, just below the highway bridge.
The structures of several small schools of days gone by still stand at Aaldersville, Leville and Mill Road.
In Seffernsville there is the former “coach house” where ox teamsters stopped for the night or a meal as they transported goods between New Ross and Chester Basin.